About Coorg Institute of Technology Halligattu
CIT was established in 1999, was sponsored by the Kodava Education Society with the primary aim of providing quality technical education to the aspiring students from Kodagu district and other parts of the country.
The Institute is headed by Sri. C.P. Belliappa, an engineer and coffee planter, manages CIT. CIT is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and recognized by the Government of Karnataka.
CIT’s vision is to achieve academic excellence focusing on commitment to value based education and holistic development of students, to provide quality education to students from rural areas at affordable cost, to develop CIT as a centre of excellence in technical education
CIT’s mission is to identify and encourage needy students to perform to their full potential, impart quality technical education to our students in order to develop the best technocrats of global competence, instill high standards of discipline and ethics through our dedicated faculty
Why Join Coorg Institute of Technology Halligattu
- CIT was established in 1999, was sponsored by the Kodava Education Society.
- A separate spacious central library has a collection of 14,468 volumes of which 3,651 titles are related to science, engineering, management and general books. It subscribes to 60 national and international journals and has a separate book bank for SC/ ST students. The library is automated using Libsoft software
- Coorg Institute of Technology, Bangalore provides 100% placement for all eligible candidates.
- The Training & Placement Office provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics
- The college has a built up area of 13930.00 Sq.mts, with well-equipped laboratories in various departments. The infrastructure facilities includes buildings, Library, E-Facilities, Cafeteria, General Departmental stores, Medical Center, Auditorium, Seminar Hall, Conference Hall, Sports Facilities, Gymnasium, Hostel, Transport, Power & water supply, Laboratories
- Coorg Institute of Technologyconducts career counseling and excellent placement opportunities for students.
- Coorg Institute of Technologyprovides financial assistance to needy and hardworking students
- The college has separate hostels for both boys and girls, the latter within the campus.
- Very well-qualified and eminent faculty committed to the cause of learning and teaching.
- Coorg Institute of Technologyhas spacious class rooms with state-of-art teaching aids.
- The Training & Placement Office provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews besides catering to other logistics.
- The college is equipped with computing facilities in accordance with AICTE norms. All computers are connected to the internet with a bandwidth of 10 Mbps.
and many more...
- CIT has a well-equipped seminar hall in the campus that can accommodate over 300 students. We also have a well-equipped conference hall with all modern facilities to facilitate the conferences and large scale congregations within the campus.
- CIT possess a state-of-the-art GYM facility is provided to faculties and students alike.
- The Institute has a huge multi-purpose auditorium that can accommodate over 1000 students
- Canteen provides quality vegetarian / non-vegetarian food which is prepared in a hygienic environment
- Hostel facilities are provided for 200 boys and 300 girls on the campus. Additional accommodation for 75 boys is provided in nearby Appacha Kavi campus. The rooms are on twin-sharing basis, with attached / common toilets. Cable television connection, STD and medical facilities are provided in all hostels.
- A separate spacious central library has a collection of 14,468 volumes of which 3,651 titles are related to scie