About Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
Established in 1980 and ranked as one of the best COMEDK colleges, Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS) has been strategically maintaining its reputation through many years in providing quality education. All the courses in the institute are recognized by the Medical Council of India with in-depth and hands-on laboratory exposure to all the graduates. KIMS has achieved 24th rank as a best college among 275+ medical colleges in India with the aid of our dedicated teaching and non-teaching faculty in classroom as well as laboratories. KIMS has also been recognized as one of the best medical colleges in India by General Medical Council of United Kingdom, The Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of London, and also by World Health Organization.
KIMS, Bangalore campus has state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure well maintained to provide medical education. The campus also houses completely modernized lecture theatres, climate-controlled library, highly-equipped laboratories, central photography section, separate hostels for men and women, residential quarters, etc. The campus also provides various facilities like indoor and outdoor games and gymnasium, transport facilities, bank and ATM, cafeteria, Wi-Fi connectivity, etc. The campus has highly-experienced team of faculty to provide best medical education and training to the medical graduates. Graduates will undergo thorough training to become medical professionals, teachers, and also research scholars.
KIMS has integrated multi-speciality hospital with 180+ beds to offer a wide range of services in General Surgery, OB/GYN surgery, general medicine, paediatrics, preventive medicine, ENT, dermatology, ophthalmology, forensic medicine, cardiology, biochemistry and other major streams of medical and paramedical courses. Sports room of the institute every years takes part in conducting games and sports, thus the institute not only provides medical education but also gives equal importance to sports and games. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the campus and the college has anti-ragging committee. The college has central library and anatomy and physiology specimen display in museum.
Why Join Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences Bangalore
- Courses are recognized by General Medical Council, United Kingdom and also by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, London.
- The college is well renowned and recognized by World Health Organization.
- KIMS is located in 2 sections: Para-clinical departments and pre-clinical departments are located at Banashankari, Bangalore. Clinical departments and KIMS Hospital at VV Puram, Bangalore.
- KIMS of Bangalore campus has been ranked No. 24 as best medical colleges in India.
- KIMS has integrated multi-speciality hospital with 180+ beds to offer a wide range of services.
- Well-established anti ragging committee to prevent harassment and ragging within the campus.
- KIMS’s main library has very huge volumes of books and journals.
- Inter-college and international student exchange program with good global exposure.
- The best simulation lab for hands-on clinical exposure.
- Laboratories are modernized and equipped with advanced equipment.
- Health sciences library has been recognized as one of the largest in the country.
- Campus has multi-cuisine cafes and eateries.
- Online and on-campus guest lectures by industry leaders.
- KIMS has achieved 24th rank as best college among 275+ medical colleges in India.
- KIMS offers separate deluxe hostel facilities for boys and girls with world-class amenities.
- Campus has huge sports complex with integrated gymnasium.
- Food courts are multi-cultural.
- Economically weaker section students are encouraged by providing scholarships.
- Anatomy and physiology museum.
- Wi-Fi and broadband connected campus.