About Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga
Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences (KBNIMS) was established in 2000 in Gulbarga, Karnataka. This is one of the well-established medical colleges under minority segment in India. KBNIMS is affiliated to RGUHS (Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences) and recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India). Listed in one of the top 20 colleges that are producing healthcare/medical graduates, this college has been recognized as the best medical college with practical approach to the graduates. .
The college is also equipped with 500 to 750 beds hospital and other facilities like digital library and modernized laboratories to facilitate and encourage the students towards service and also help orient the graduates towards practical-approached education. .
With an annual intake of around 150 students into different departments including postgraduation and undergraduation, the institute also concentrates on motivating the teaching staff members to upgrade their skills continuously to be current. On the clinical side, the college has also recruited experienced support staff in the hospital and in the college. The hospital is a tertiary-care hospital unit and is equipped with MRI/MRA, CT scan, 2D echo and other advanced facilities. .
The college’s sports room conducts sports day every year to give equal importance to education and sports and games. The college has well-established anti-ragging committee, medical education unit, and institutional ethical committee. College has separate hostel for men and women in the campus. The college has a central library with 14,100 sufficient book volumes of books and journals. Library offers books to the students with an average ratio of 1 book to 10 candidates along with access to audio-visual components. The library also has MEDLINE database, Micro Film Reader, HELINET-connected Proquest Medical Library by RGUHS and Internet. Electronic mail services are available for the faculty members and all the graduate students. The college keeps improving with addition of new titles every year as required and revised editions to the library. There is an ongoing research program in clinical science in forensic and biochemistry departments.
Why Join Khaja Banda Nawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Gulbarga
- Laboratories are well equipped with specimens and anatomy and physiology units to support research.
- The campus is well connected with Wi-Fi.
- Central l ibrary with more than 14,000 book volumes and international and national journals.
- Digital library facility to get recent updates and also to facilitate online guest lectures within the campus.
- Hospital is equipped with 750 beds and the clinical faculty.
- Huge campus buildings and well-established labs.
- Multi-cuisine cafeteria.
- Equal importance to education and sports.
- Strict anti-ragging and grievance committees.
- Huge central library with 14,100 book volumes along with national and international journals.
- Climate controlled auditorium with 750 seating capacity.
- Well-established laboratories in all the departments.
- Ongoing research in forensic and biochemistry departments.
- Separate hostel facility for men and women graduates.
- There is Medical Education Unit established in the college campus with chairperson, coordinator, members, and supportive staff.
- There will be regular Clinical Materials uploaded into the college website to facilitate the students’ education program.
- There is Grievance Committee and Institutional Ethical Committee.
- Strict anti-ragging committee.
- Wi-Fi connectivity in the hostels and in the college campus.
- Encouragement for sports and games.
- Safe and well-monitored transport facility separately for women and men.
- Air conditioned central auditorium.
- Anatomy and pathology specimens in the college campus.
- Training will be given for the exams regularly.
- Encouragement to education and sports equally.
- Blend of highly experienced and young faculty.