About Mount Carmel College Bangalore
Mount Carmel College, Bangalore, established in 1948 with a mission of empowering students with quality education also with life-oriented education. Decades back and also most recently, NAAC committee has awarded the college with A+ accreditation, and was also awarded Five Stars. Affiliated to Bangalore University, Mount Carmel College predominantly functions as an autonomous organization. Mount Carmel Institute of Management (MCIM) is the sister institution, which offers postgraduate diploma in Business Management for women. The college has memberships in 29 clubs and associations to regularly conduct several events and competitions in a year. In 2008, India Today has ranked Mount Carmel College as one of the top 3 best colleges in Karnataka to offer best education in arts, science, and commerce.
Mount Carmel College facilitates the students with all state-of-the-art auditoria, AV rooms, cafeteria, sports stadium and recreation facilities, hostel, stationery, chapel, bank, dispensary, internet, and LAN network facilities. Each year, students at the college achieve their milestones and awards in cultural programmes, various curricular, extra-curricular, and co-curricular activities, many awards in inter and intra-college sports and games competitions to prove that the college not only encourages studies, but also gives equal importance to physical education. The college offers very vast varieties of graduate and postgraduate programmes to choose from. Cul Ah, a students’ cultural fest organized by Mount Carmel College, which also includes events like drama, dance, music, and academically-driven contests like quizzes. Carpediem is a national-level management fest that is also organised by the management students with all the colleges across India.
Mount Carmel College offers PG, UG, and PhD programmes in commerce and management, humanities, science streams, and applied science and design. The college has many national-level linkages and industrial ties up with many institutions like Indian Tobacco Corporation (ITC Ltd), the Institute of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine for academic and research for use of medicinal plants in healthcare, Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) and United Technologies (UTL) for academic research, Indira Gandhi National open University (IGNOU) for research education, along with many ties up with NGO’s and national and international institutes and corporate organizations to impart quality education to the students. Notable alumni of the college are: Deepika Padukone (Bollywood), Anushka Sharma (Bollywood), Anushka Shetty (Tollywood), Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (Biocon Ltd), Nirupama Rao (Indian Ambassador to the United States of America).
- BSc in Biotechnology Chemistry Botony
- BSc in Biotechnology Chemistry Zoology
- BSc in Chemistry Botony Zoology
- BSc in Physics Chemistry Mathematics
- BSc in Computer science Mathematics Electronics
- BSc in Computer science Mathematics Statistics
- BSc in Physics Mathematics Electronics
- BSc in Economics Mathematics Statistics
- BSc in Physics Maths Computer Science
- BSc in Chemistry Botany Microbiology
- BSc in Chemistry Zoology Microbiology
- BSc in Chemistry Zoology Environmental Science
- BSc in Chemistry Botany Environmental Science
- BSc in Composite Home Science
- BSc in Nutrition Dietetics Chemistry Zoology
- BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics Chemistry Human Development
- BSc in Fashion and Apparel Designing
- BSc in Interior Design and Management
- BA in Economics Political Science Socialogy
- BA in History Economics Political Science
- BA in Psychology Socialogy Economics
- BA in Communication and Media English Psychology
- BA in Journalism English Psychology
- MA in English
- MA in Economics
- BA in Economics English Psychology
- BA in History Economics Sociology
- BA in History Journalism Travel And Tourism
- BA in Psychology Physical Education Tourism
- Bachelor of Vocation in Hospitality and Tourism
- MA Public Policy
- Bachelor of Commerce Industry Integrated
- B Com General Management
- BCom in Tourism and Travel Management
- BCom in Professional
- BCom in Business Process Services in Association with Tata Consultancy Services
- BCom in International Accounting and Finance Accredited to ACCA
- MCom in Regular
- MCom in Industry Integrated
- MCom in Master of International Business
Why Join Mount Carmel College Bangalore
- The college offers vast number of graduate and postgraduate programmes to choose from.
- Career building after completion of the course is easy.
- The college offers state-of-the-art facilities to pursue in-depth knowledge on the subject.
- All teaching and support staff are friendly and cooperative to the students.
- Laboratory and library facilities are given prime importance in providing service to the graduates.
- Placements happen quite regularly on the campus.
- All the course in the college have been recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC)
- One of the oldest and highly reputed colleges in the country.
- Mount Carmel has 3 huge auditoria. In 2008, a Diamond Jubilee Auditorium (DJA), known as Main Audi, was launched to commemorate the diamond jubilee of the institution.
- AV Room for multimedia-based instructional approach.
- The college has house stationery store to facilitate the students’ needs.
- Internet and LAN is fully functional to keep the emerging needs of students and staff.
- The campus has several eateries on campus. The main canteen on campus is very popular for its multi-cuisine renderings.
- Sports stadium and recreation facilities are provided to all the students on campus.
- The campus has Mother Mary Hostel in 2 huge buildings to provide luxurious amenities to the inmates.
- Set in the sylvan surrounding of the convent premises is the serene chapel, open through the daylight hours and on all days for people of all faiths.
- The campus has UCO Bank to take care of all financial transactions of the students, staff, and other college associates.
- The college provides a 24-hour dispensary with regular visiting physicians.