About Navodaya Institute of Technology Raichur
Navodaya Institute of Technology (NIT) was established in 2008 by Navodaya Educational Trust (NET), and is set in 60 acres along Mantralayam Road in Raichur. Imparting good quality education in Hyderabad and Karnataka regions, NIT's evolution through these years witnessed state-of-the-art infrastructure and highly qualified teaching staff, committed to render technical education with creativity and innovation. Having the vision at developing as a most respected institution in the field of technical education, NIT continuously monitors its commitment to produce quality, versatile, and innovative engineers to become globally competitive enthusiasts. The institute strives to improve the socio-economic status of the economically weak and backward section by providing opportunities of education and engineering and technical education at affordable cost.
NIT provides technical education in 6 UG courses with a total of 480 intake seats and 2 PG courses with a total of 36 seats. NIT's centralized 2-floor library is in an independent building with 100+ seating capacity. A newly-built state-of-the-art library is unique in entire North Karnataka, equipped with all the modern technology and will be providing various library services of international standards. NIT has the infrastructure to share web lectures with the help of EDUSAT. Our major strength is our faculty members, who regularly participate in research activities to update their skills and thereby rendering research-oriented lectures to the students. With the association of GLOBARENA, NIT has started English and communication lab in 2015 to provide effective communication skills to the students.
The campus houses a well-planned Training and Placement Centre, headed by a placement officer along with one faculty co-coordinator from each department and also one student as a co-coordinator from each department. Training and placement centre has signed several MoU's with many Indian and MNC companies for on-campus and off-campus placements. Many of our students during the previous campus recruitments got offers from many Indian and MNC companies; to name a few, companies like Precision Engineering from Chennai, Winvotech Technical Solutions Pvt Ltd from Bangalore and many more. Training and placement center arranges career guidance in developing soft skill programmes, personality development programmes through external experts, and also regular aptitude classes are conducted on a weekly basis for final year and pre-final year students.
Why Join Navodaya Institute of Technology Raichur
- Job-oriented training and in-depth practical exposure helping to cope with the competition.
- Dedicated faculty members with cooperative management team.
- Well-established infrastructure with good environment for the overall development of students.
- EDUSAT established to share web lectures.
- Well-established labs and classrooms and newly introduced English language lab.
- Effective monitoring system for the students with focus giving to nurturing of weaker students by counseling and conducting remedial classes.
- Strong research policy is in place where lecturers and professors are encouraged to pursue research and contribute research publications.
- Extra and co-curricular activities are periodically organized for the overall development of students.
- Frequently organized seminars and FDPs/workshops.
- Our Placement Services Department actively takes care of the students' career guidance programmes and soft skills programmes.
- Regular visits made by external experts for personality development programmes.
- On a weekly basis, regular aptitude classes are conducted for final year and pre-final year students.
- In our language lab, communication skill development programmes are conducted for the first year and second year students.
- Mock interviews are conducted before the campus interviews to motivate the students and to enable them to face the interviews successfully.
- MOUs have been signed with reputed companies for soft skills, guest lectures, industrial visits, project guidance and recruitments.
- Precision Engineering, Chennai
- Winvotech Technical Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- Tech Mahindra
- L&T Infotec
and many more...
- The Hindu newspaper has given award "The Doyens" (Guardians of knowledge).
- All India GATE rank of 93 and also 4000 in GATE-2014.
- College team accompanied by our students has got second place in the University state level football tournament during 2015.
- Language lab and communication lab.
- Conference hall.
- Two training halls with 60 seats.
- Interview cubic cell.
- Library has over 12,000 documents (books, journals, non-book materials etc.), access to 50 e-resources, digital study materials.
- EDUSAT system from VTU, Belagavi.
- Separate boys and girls hostels with double occupant, bath attached rooms.
- The NIT has well-furnished auditorium with 220+ seating capacity and advanced audio-video and public addressing system.
- GLOBARENA associated English and communication lab.
- Class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors.
- Attractive and comfort classrooms with internet connectivity.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Sports and games
- Campus recruitment
- Institute is equipped with the best library and laboratories across all the departments.
- Strict ragging vigilance to implement anti-ragging within the campus.
- Navodaya Foundation Scholarship for the meritorious students.
- Active placement cell.
- Blend of experienced and young faculty.
- Industrial visits for students from time to time.
- Tests/ preparatory exams are conducted regularly.
- Central auditorium.