About Sri Siddhartha Institute Of Technology Tumkur
Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology Tumkur popularly known as SSIT was started in the year 1979 under the ambit of Sri Siddhartha Education Society,Tumkur. Facilities and Infrastructure provided in the campus is one of the unique features of the college. The institution is one of the technical institutes in Karnataka state selected by World Bank for award of financial assistance under TEQIP.This is used to improve quality of education and research activities.
SSIT campus is spread over 55 acres of land with Wi-Fi connection. The college has well established, fully networked computer laboratories .The Institution is actively engaged in purposeful interactions with industries and other Instructions of the higher learning. The college has well equipped library is located in a Geo-desic dome. The college has separate hotels for boys and girls. The campus has science and Technology Park with Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation center. The Dept. of Industries and Commerce under Govt. of Karnataka sanctioned a “Science & Technology Entrepreneurs Park”- (STEP). The main objective of the center is to promote Entrepreneurship among graduates (Science/Technology), in Tumkur district. Itconducts Skill Development Programmes, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Entrepreneurship Awareness Programmes and other activities for the youth.
SSIT encourages its students to take part in the sports activities. Students are trained under the guidance of qualified Physical Trainer & have achieved excellence in University and National level in sports activities.
SSIT offers BE courses, M.Tech courses and Research programs.
- B Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B Tech in Civil Engineering
- B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B Tech in Information Science Engineering
- B Tech in Industrial Engineering and Management
- B Tech in Medical Electronics
- B Tech in Telecommunication Engineering
Why Join Sri Siddhartha Institute Of Technology Tumkur
- Good environment for the intellectual and personal growth
- State-of-the-art infrastructure, fine-art laboratories.
- Highly qualified and well-experienced faculty members to impart knowledge to the students.
- Industry-related academics.
- Placement & Training.
- Science and Technology park
- The well experienced and placement training officer give apprentice training, in-plant training along with the placement activities and assist the students regarding liaison with Industries and business institute, career guidance. These activities help the student to be in touch with the companies while doing their projects and attending job training and for getting job reputed companies and industries.
- Companies visit and select the students from the campus when they are studying in the final year of B.E, M.Tec, and MCA. To train the students the placement cell gives training to the student in taking technical tests and aptitude test. Mock Group Discussions and Mock Interview are also conducted to train the students. Entrepreneurship Development programmes and Personality development programmes are conducted by the experts from the other colleges.
- Tata Consultancy Services,
- Razorthink S/w Solutions,
- Quest Global,
- L&T Infotech,
- Path Partner,
- All State,
- West Line Shipping,
- First American,
- Vee Technology,
- L&T Technology Services,
- Magna Infotech,
- Team Ware.
and many more...
- The SSIT, Tumkuris one among the 14 Technical education Institutions in Karnataka, selected by the World Bank, to provide financial support under TEQIP (Technical Education quality improvement program).
- College won a National Award named “BharatiyaRastriya”it is a Vocational Excellence Award for the contribution towards women development.
- The Mechanical engineering students of our college developed bio-mass stove,it can cook 1kg of rice in 20min.
- Campus of SSIT is spread over 55 acres of land in Tumkur.
- The library is housed in a special structure Geo-domestic dome;it is well-equipped with 67764 books, 25282 Titles, 118 National journals, 44 International journals.
- Co-operative Society
- Tele-Link Services
- Xerox Centre
- Post Office
- Browsing Centre
- Health Centre
- Guest House
- Women Welfare Department
- Sri Siddhartha High Schools
- Sri Siddhartha Sanskrit School
- Sri Siddhartha Pali School
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College
- Sri Siddhartha Convent School
- Sri Siddhartha College Hostels
- Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology
- Sri Siddhartha Dental College
- Sri Siddhartha College of Education
- Sri Siddhartha First Grade College
- Sri Siddhartha College of Nursing
- Sri Siddhartha Institute of Management Studies
- Sri Siddhartha Center for Media Studies
- Sri Siddhartha Institute of Business Management
- Sri Siddhartha D.Ed College
- Sri Siddhartha Nursery Teacher’s Training Institute
- Sri Siddhartha Industrial Training Institutes
- Sri Siddhartha Junior Colleges
- Sri Siddhartha Higher Primary School
- Sri Siddhartha School of Nursing
- Well Established, well-equipped state-of-art Labs.
- WIFI facility.
- 900+ Computers systems, equipped with new versions of software spread throughout the campus.
- Internet facility.
- Placement & Training.
- 2 Boys Hostels and 1 Girls Hostel
- Science and Technology park
- Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation centre.
- Free Laptops to research scholars
- Dedicated staff
- Bank, MultiGym, Health care unit,Post office, and a Large Sports Ground
- Excellent sports training.