Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test
Lovely Professional University (LPU) conducts an entrance test to offer admissions to interested candidates in its Engineering/BTech Programmes. This entrance exam conducted by LPU is called Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPU-NEST).
Last year more than three lakh applicants registered for LPUNEST. Sources share that LPU-NEST was the biggest private entrance test conducted in India and if statistics are to be believed then in the list of all the engineering entrance exam conducted in India, that is, considering both Government (Centre & State) as well as Private entrance exams, then LPU-NEST is the fifth largest entrance test held in India.
LPU-NEST will be conducted online in 110 test centres spread across India. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centre while filling their LPU-NEST application form.
The admit cards for LPU-NEST will be made available to candidates online on the official website of LPU. Know more about LPU-NEST admit card and exam date, here.
Result for LPUNEST will be declared on the official website of LPU one day after the exam is conducted.
The engineering entrance exam conducted by LPU is an online exam. LPU-NEST exam paper consists of multiple choice objective type questions.
LPUNEST will consist of 90 multiple choice questions which candidates have to complete in 120 minutes.
Candidates can either opt to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology entrance exam depending on the course they are applying for.
The language of instruction for this engineering entrance exam is English only.
|Subject||Total Number of Question|
Candidates will be provided with paper/s at their LPUNEST test centre to do all their rough work. Candidates should not carry any paper of their own to the exam centre.
Marking: For every question attempted correctly by candidates, they will be awarded one mark each. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
LPUNEST would be conducted online in 110 cities across India.
|Andhra Pradesh||Vizag /Vishakhapatnam|
Syllubus for Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test
The LPUNEST 2017 syllabus includes all the topics present in the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology curriculum of Class XI and Class XII.
The syllabus for LPUNEST 2017 for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology is as follows:
LPU-NEST 2017 Chemistry SyllabusUNIT 1: Atomic Structure, States of Matter & Thermo dynamics
UNIT 2: Solutions, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry
UNIT 3: Hydrogen & s - Block Element
UNIT 4: p, d & f block Elements and Environmental Chemistry
UNIT 5: Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
UNIT 6: Oxygen, Nitrogen, Polymers & Bio molecules
LPU-NEST 2017 Physics SyllabusUNIT 1: Motion
UNIT 2: Kinematics, Gravitation & Oscillations
UNIT 3: Thermal Physics
UNIT 4: Electricity & Magnetism
UNIT 5: Atomic Structure & Optics
UNIT 6: OElectrical & Electronics
LPU-NEST 2017 Mathematics SyllabusUNIT 1: Algebra
UNIT 2: Matrices, Vectors & Reasoning
UNIT 3: Permutation-Combinations & Binomial Theorem
UNIT 4: Limit, Integration & Differentiation
UNIT 5: Geometry
UNIT 6: Probability & Trigonometry
LPU-NEST 2017 Biology SyllabusUNIT 1: Diversity & Structural Organisation
UNIT 2: Plant Physiology
UNIT 3: Human Physiology
UNIT 4: Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution
UNIT 5: Biology, Biotechnology and Human Welfare
UNIT 6: Ecology and environment
Eligibility for Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test
Online Registration starts on – February 2017
Entrance examination dates – 10th April 2017 to 30th April 2017
Result – 4th May 2017
Online Counselling and Seat Allocation – 5th May 2017 onwards
Eligibility for Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test
Candidates would be eligible to apply for LPU-NEST if they fulfil the below mentioned exam eligibility criteria: Should have completed or should be appearing in their final 10+2 examination. Need to appear in their 10+2 from any of these education boards – Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Candidates are eligible to apply for admissions at LPU if they fulfill any one of the below mentioned criteria:
Scored 60% (aggregate marks) in 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and English as subject. However, such candidates should possess a valid score in LPUNEST/JEE (Main).
BTech Biotechnology (BT) and BTech – BT (Food Process Engineering) Admissions
Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths/ Biology/ Biotech; other things remaining same as above
BTech (with Hons), Integrated BTech – MTech and Integrated B.Tech – MBA Admissions
Candidates are eligible to apply for admissions at LPU if they fulfill any one of the below mentioned criteria: Scored 60% (aggregate marks) in 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and English as subjects. However, admissions will be subject to valid score in LPUNEST.
BTech-Hons Biotechnology (BT) Admissions
Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths/ Biology/ Biotech; other things remaining same as above.
Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test Application
Candidates need to apply for LPU-NEST 2017 online on the official website of Lovely Professional University. Aspirants can apply for LPU-NEST by either of the two below mentioned exam processes:
Step 1: Basic Details
a. Applicant Registration Details
• Aspirants are required to check whether he/she has obtained the application ticket or not • Aspirants should fill the required personal information
• Please note that it is mandatory for aspirants to provide a valid email id. Please note that the Applicant Name, Date of Birth and email id cannot be changed.Thus, it is essential to provide correct information
• On submitting the information required above, aspirants will receive a confirmatory message containing application id and password on their mail and phone.
• Applicants are requested to note down the application number
• All the future correspondence will be made on the application number only
b. Already Registered User Logi
• If the applicant has already filled the details in Step-1(a), then they can login by using Application Number and Password
Step 2: Payment Details
Aspirants can use any of the following methods for making payment through the online Mode:
• Internet Banking facility
• Debit Card
• Credit Card
After selecting the appropriate payment mode, follow the stepwise instructions.
For making payment through the Offline Mode (Demand Draft), Applicant needs to follow the steps given below:
• Take a printout (Laser or inkjet only) of the completed application (Step 1) on a good quality A4 size paper.
• Enclose a demand draft for 500/- drawn in favour of Lovely Professional University Payable at Jalandhar.
• Applicant should write “Application for LPUNEST-2017”, his / her Name and Mobile Number on the back side of the
• Paste a recent passport size colour photograph, affix signature of Applicant and send in good quality envelope to the address below:
Division of Admissions(LPUNEST-2017)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road(NH-1),
• Please keep a photocopy of the filled-in application and Demand Draft for future reference.
• Printout of the computer generated application(Step 1) can be retained by the applicant for reference.
Step 3: Registration Details
• Please note that the fields marked with an asterisk * are compulsory
• Aspirants are required to Provide all the relevant details carefully
• They, then are required to select suitable slot booking method
Applicant (In case you want to select date yourself)
University (If you want to authorize University for slot booking)
• Fill your test city carefully as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
• Applicants have to specify 5 choices of exam date if he/she opt for the university option for slot booking
Step 4: Slot Booking Details
Option I: Booking Of The Slot By The Applicant
Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system available at www.lpu.in which will be activated on March 1, 2017.
Applicants can book centre, date and time as per their own convenience.
Applicant will have to book the test at least 3 days before the desired date e.g. if you want to take test on April 25, 2017, then book your slot on or before April 22, 2017.
Slot bookings done on first-come-first-served basis and is subject to availability. So it is strongly advised that applicant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
Option II: Booking Of The Slot By University
University will allot any one date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots. University will process the request for exam slot within 48 hours after receiving the application form. However all applications received before March 1, 2017 will be processed on 1st March 2017 only as Online Slot Management System will be activated on March 1, 2017.
Applicant has to visit www.lpu.in regularly and is required to fill username and password to check the allocated slot for the test.
In case of non-availability of slots out of the 5 choices filled by the applicant or due to any postal delay, university may allocate any other date to the applicant.
Candidates will be sent their admit card (e-hall ticket) through email only.
• Candidates who have booked their LPUNEST test slot themselves will get their e-hall ticket as soon as they book the schedule through the online test booking system.
• Candidates whose test slot is being booked by the University will get their e-hall ticket after their test slot is booked. For such candidates the LPUNEST test slot will get booked within 48 hours of receiving their duly filled application form. Thus, their admit card will be made available at the official website of LPU only after that.
To download their LPUNEST admit cards, applicants will have to provide their username and online test booking password. Candidates will also receive a copy of their e-hall ticket through email.
Note: All LPUNEST 2017 correspondence which includes – exam centre booking as well e-hall ticket generation will be done through email only. Thus, aspirants are advised to mention their valid email ID and mobile number in their application form.
Any application that is found incomplete, wherein, the declaration is not signed, DD is not enclosed, DD is wrongly drawn, photographs are not affixed on the application form etc. will not be processed.
LPU will not be informing applicants of any such applications. Candidates who have submitted incomplete applications won’t be able to access the Online Slot Management System.