About KCT Engineering College Gulbarga
KCT Engineering College (KCTEC) was established in the academic year 2001-2002 under Hazrath Shaikh Minhajuddin Ansari Kallerawan Charitable Trust. KCTEC is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and it is also recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka and approved by the AICTE. Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Electronics & Communication Engineering are the departments in the college with over 34 teaching faculty, who have expertise in their respective engineering departments. KCTEC has been equipped with modern machinery to support the engineering studies offered in the college. The college acts as a nodal centre for PGCET, CMAT, GATE and other entrance examinations. As per the guidelines of AICTE, KCTEC maintains a healthy teacher-student ratio and regular feedback is taken both from teachers and students to culminate into next stage of providing education. Ragging is strictly prohibited within and around the college campus and there shall not be any scope given to the students including in such antisocial activities. Totally, it is a ragging-free environment prevailing inside the campus, particularly safety is secured to the girl students.
Details of the Bachelor of Engineering courses: Computer Science and Engineering; established in 2001 and 60 intake seats. Mechanical Engineering; established in 2001 and 60 intake students. Electronics and Communication Engineering; established in 2001 and 45 intake seats. Civil Engineering was established in 2011 with 60 intake seats. All these engineering courses are affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. Laboratories are working with state-of-the-art modern facilities and abide by the syllabus curriculum of the university. The college has an active Training and Placement Cell to help students job-ready when they are in the final year of the engineering. Placement Department also actively takes part in providing training in soft skill development and updating current trends in the job market along with conducting periodic mock interviews while they are in the final year.
KCTEC always gives equal importance to curricular and co-curricular activities along with extracurricular activities. Students are always encouraged to participate in inter-college competitions and tournaments conducted every year by VTU, including annual meet and youth festivals. KCTEC has career guidance cell that helps in placement activities, headed by a placement officer to provide career guidance and also to get mid-term projects to the students. A well-established EDUSAT center supports academic activities for conducting distance education programmes using satellite network.
Why Join KCT Engineering College Gulbarga
- Excellent career guidance to all the students. .
- Best faculty with friendly teaching environment. .
- Highly qualified guest lecturers. .
- An English speaking ambience. .
- Growth with Internet, Laptops and Wi-Fi enabled campus. .
- World class infrastructure to support technical education. .
- Laboratories are equipped with VTU guided and AICTE approved machinery and skilled support staff to promote hand-on lab experience.
- Training and Placement Cell regularly conducts mock interviews before the campus interviews to motivate the students and to enable them to face the real interviews successfully.
- College has a language lab that functions hand-in-hand with the Placement Cell to boost the communication skill in the first year and second year students.
- KCTEC also has a career guidance cell, which supports the students during the placement activities for providing career guidance.
- Training and Placement Cell of the college is very actively takes part in constructing communication skills in the students along with providing updates regarding recruiting organizations and agencies.
- College supports on-campus and off-campus recruitment.
and many more...
- Central library and also separate department libraries with huge number of book volumes.
- National and international journals in the library along with digital library facility.
- EDUSAT supported facility.
- Campus is Wi-Fi networked with high speed internet leased line connectivity.
- Anti-ragging committee
- Grievance Committee
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Encouragement for sports and games
- Wi-Fi connected campus
- Safe transport facility
- On-campus and off-campus recruitment process
- Central auditorium.
- Secured campus with strict anti-ragging and grievance.
- Preparatory exams are conducted regularly.
- Perfect blend of experienced and young faculty.
- Institute is equipped with the best library and laboratories across all the departments.
- Very active Training and Placement Cell.