About Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering
Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering (KBNCE), a minority institution, was established in 1980, Gulbarga, affiliated to Visveswaraiah Technology University (VTU). This AICTE-recognized college is located in 12.6 acres with 13 acres dedicated only for play grounds. KBN College of Engineering offers graduate programmes in 7 streams of B.E/B. Tech in specializations like Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Petro-Chemical Engineering leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Engineering and also 2 streams of M.E/M Tech in specializations like Computer Science & Engineering and Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering).
Gulbarga University has granted permanent affiliation to KBN College, this privilege is enjoyed by only a few colleges. Since 1998, KBN College has been affiliated to Visveswaraiah Technological University. The college has well architected buildings to house for advanced laboratories, workshops, libraries, auditoriums, cafeteria, lecture halls, etc. A separate cluster of buildings has been developed for modern laboratories and also the classrooms are placed separately. The college administration is completely taken care and well-organized by a governing council consisting of eminent educationists, headed by its Chairman, Dr. Syed Shah Khusro Hussaini Saheb.
In 2006, four of our undergraduate departments have been accredited by NBA (National Board of Accreditation) viz., Mechanical Engineering, Instrumentation Technology (Electronics & Instrumentation Engg.), Civil Engineering, and Electronics & Communication Engineering. With the aim of improving the Muslim Society, the founder, Padamshree Janab Late Syed Shah Muhammad Al Hussaini, an eminent educationist and humanist, in 1958 has started the Khaja Education Society and the Khaja Bandanawaz Trust. Initially, he started a small high school, Bi Bi Raza Girl's High School in 1958 and then the Khaja High School for boys. Since then, the society has established many educational institutions.
Why Join Khaja Banda Nawaz College of Engineering
- The staff in-charge looks after the social and health problems of students to make them feel at home at all times.
- Hostel facilities are provided to boys and girls, managed by a full-time warden.
- All major sports and games facilities are provided under the guidance of a physical instructor.
- The college arranges various educational/study tours for final/pre final year students every year.
- The college offers awards/prizes to rank holders to encourage merit.
- Post-Matric scholarship for backward classes and minorities are awarded by the District Officer.
- Free medical facilities are provided for staff and students.
- During the final semester, all the students will be given training on effective communication, problem solving, and leadership quality to boost their confidence.
- Our faculty takes first initiative to give soft skill training and counsel the students to make them succeed in the campus drives.
- KBNCE's Placement team regularly updates our students about the skills needed by the current job market.
- Assistance is given to students who are not placed through campus interviews, to take up jobs through off campus mode.
- The college has an independent Training and Placement Office headed by a professor designated as a placement officer and supported by a placement coordinator from each department.
- Jindal Steel Ltd.
- Rajashree Cements ltd
- Alstom Ltd.
- Jindal Cement
- KPIT Cummins
- Tech Mahindra
- Jsoft solutions
- Gammon India
and many more...
- Class rooms are equipped with LCD projectors.
- Attractive and comfort classrooms with internet connectivity.
- Separate hostel for boys and girls with all amenities.
- Digital library equipped with high-speed internet and computers to access e-resources
- Wi-Fi enabled campus with high speed internet leased line connectivity.
- Spacious class rooms and hostel room.
- Computer laboratories with advanced systems with HP pro-desktop computers powered with Intel Core i3-4130 processors, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD 7200 rpm SATA, 18.5” LED monitors, USB keyboards, USB mouse, DVD- Writers.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Sports and games
- Campus recruitment
- Department for protection of woman/girl students against harassments.
- Strict ragging vigilance to implement anti-ragging within the campus.
- Blend of experienced and young faculty.
- Active placement cell.
- Central library and separate library for all departments.
- Central auditorium.